AQS have recently become a member of ADCAS – the Association of Ductwork Contractors and Allied Services – the organisation that represents all companies with an interest in ductwork. ADCAS:
- offers a way for its membership to represent themselves to the wider construction industry.
- liaises with Government on key issues such as legislation.
- enables member companies to discuss shared interests.
- holds regular meetings and events to highlight important issues that members need to understand in their businesses.
ADCAS was formed in 1997 by leading ductwork contractors in the belief that the industry needed an independent voice and a specific identity. This proved attractive to both contractors and many of the associated companies who supplied services and products to the sector. ADCAS’ aims and objectives are:
- promote better specification, design and installation of ductwork.
- work with other organisations such as BESA, BSRIA, FETA and others to promote the interests of our members.
- support higher standards among membership through education and information on the latest legislation and technical developments.
- influence legislation such as Part L of the Building Regulations and others to ensure that ductwork is properly represented.
The ADCAS website includes industry news and some handy downloadable documents such as their Guide to Ductwork Cleaning & Access.